Another decoration I made for the Candyland party is this precious snow cone garland. I’m going to hang it from the mantle of my fireplace and place the gifts below it. I plan to take apart the garland after the party and use the individual snow cones to decorate wrapped gifts!
1) 1.5 or 2″ styrofoam balls.
2) Acrylic paint
3) Scrapbook paper
4) Paper Cone Template
6) Glue gun
7) Paint brush
9) Styrofoam block – to hold balls while they dry.
10) Clear glitter
(1) Collect all of your supplies.
(2) Place toothpicks into each styrofoam ball.
(3) Use brush to paint each ball with acrylic paint.
(4) Insert balls into styrofoam block to dry.
(5) Cut out as many paper cones as you need using the template.
(6) Warm up your glue gun on the LOW setting. If you use high, your fingers will burn.
(7) Create a cone shape and glue it together. Repeat until you have enough cones.
(Note: Once Sophie placed all the cones on the balls like so, I thought these would work good for a Circus themed party as clowns).
(8) Place a ring of glue on the inside of the upper portion of the cone.
(9) Quickly insert painted styrofoam ball in place. Repeat for all cones.
(10) Measure out the amount of string or yarn you need.
(11) Start gluing the the top of each ball directly to the yarn or string.
(12) Allow the glue to dry for a few minutes and you are all done!
Pinterest Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/40391727879062491/
Time: 20 minutes to paint 12 2″ balls, plus 25 minutes for the rest of the project.