I got this idea from an incredible blog. Keri started following my blog and I checked out hers. Her blog follows her year long adventure of creating pinterest inspired projects. She posts daily to her blog and it really is incredible. Check her out at: http://ipinterest.me/ She posted this “I love you because …” project and I thought it was perfect for JR’s birthday. I’ll put it on his nightstand and the girls and I could write cute stuff on there to brighten his days.
Pinterest Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/12173861462456827/
Rosette Pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/40391727877981866/
Font: Pea Annalee Script
(1) Fist, I went shopping for the supplies. I purchased an 8 x 10 frame, scrapbook paper, muslin fabric, and a piece of felt. Hint: Look for paper that isn’t textured (so you can print on it) and isn’t too busy (so you can see your messages).
(2) Since I bought a 12×12 piece of paper, I used my paper cutter to trim it down to 8.5 x 11.
(3) I downloaded the font suggested on the pin. See above for link to download the font.
(4) I created an 8.5 x 11 psd file in Photoshop Elements. In the file, I typed the words “i love you because …” The word “love” is pea annalee script and the remaining words are Century Gothic font. I used size 72 font.
(5) I printed the file on my new scrapbook paper and placed it in the frame.
(6) I found a tutorial on Pinterest for rosettes. A link to the tutorial is listed above.
(7) Once the rosette’s were complete, I affixed them to the frame.